Thursday, January 10, 2008

Guatemala

Wow... I've been back less then a week and I'm still processing my time with the family. My flight over went fine, I met a nice lady in Miami airport who was also going to Guatemala city. When we landed, the heat hit me and I changed from my turtle neck, long pants and boots to a t-shirt, clam diggers and flip flops. Going through customs was fine and all of my luggage arrived. I wheeled out my luggage in anticipation until I saw the throng of people lining the exit and none looking Amber or Zaakerish... So I wheeled my trolley out as if I knew what I was doing and looked around and asked in broken Spanish for a phone... About 5 minutes later I saw a waifish, tall looking person and yelled "AMBER!" I was found! Zaak loaded my massive bags and I saw Acadia for the first time. I felt still that perhaps Acadia was a figment of my imagination... so I acknowledged Blaise and passed over Acadia as a strange entity. But as one can easliy see, she won my heart over! A sweet girl with a limited vocabulary... I'm hoping that "Aunty" is her first word, since it is such a versatile word...

1 comment:

Amber said...

Waifish hey? Is that a compliment? I guess I'll take it as one:) Acadia and Blaise miss you Auntie April, and so do I!!!