Sunday, January 20, 2008

The worst movie of 2008

Although, you may think me presumptuous to assume that I have already found the worst movie of the year, let me assure you. The movie "In the name of the king: A dungeon siege tale" has got to be the:
a) biggest waste of money
b) lamest effort at an epic film
c) easiest movie to bash for reviewers and all unlucky viewers

I have to admit that even the trailer was a dud, but I had free movie passes and since my other choice was romantic comedy "27 dresses", I felt I had little to lose. BOY, was I wrong! It should have also been obvious since Burt Renyolds plays the king...

But when I sat down in the theatre, I thought I would give it a chance and I did until the first scene when the bad guy mage, Ray Liotta has close ups which reveal his apparent flesh eating disease, over bleached teeth and tacky wardrobe. Next we hear a line from eye candy Leelee Sobieski who tells him about the "parlor tricks" he has taught her.... Just a sec, this is medeival times?! Did parlors yet exist? And there we have it! Unimpressed by the first scene! And really, the film is all down hill from there, all 2 hours and 35 minutes of every medieval cliche, trite lines, cleavage, botched accents and lame knock offs...

In case you want to find out exactly how bad it is, just watching the trailer will give you a hint of the torture... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But 27 dresses was pretty good!